Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Games Thing #15

Holy gamesite, Batman! I get too nervous to play on-line games myself. Well, either by myself or with others. I think it has to go with watching Sean Connery in an old James Bond movie. But, I did look at the sites and thought about games in libraries. Right now, and I have been known to change my mind, I think I weigh in (and that is considerable) on the side of gaming isn't a service a library need offer. I looked at the virtual library in Second Life, and kept thinking, why does it have to be set inside a game when all this info is already available. It seems weird to me that someone playing a game would want serious research info. Unless it is a librarian playing the game and the character is a librarian!

I can see the argument that playing virtual world games builds social skills, and it may, but f2f does an even better job.

Oh argh! I went to Pirate Puzzle and tried bilging. I did it for awhile and earned points. Okay, but probably not something I will visit very often. But, I am trying!

No comments: