Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thing #14 LibraryThing

I came across LibraryThing last year and I enjoyed going through it again. This time I created an account and hope to actually add my books to it. I honestly drew a blank when I thought about books I owned and what to add. I think the ability to add, and catalog by tags is very useful. I can see small libraries using this service, and especially church libraries! I bet they would love it! Have I mentioned how much I like cloud tags, they are very visual and beautiful to me in a misty dreamy way. Here is the link to my sparsely populated library.
CarolBorz
But, it will fill up. I should add my DVD collection. I also like the idea of web based services because you can check from anywhere to see what is going on. For instance if you were shopping and found a great book that you had been meaning to buy and couldn't remember if you had purchased it yet, you could use your cell phone to check the Internet, look up LibraryThing and see if you had the item!
ta da!
Not me, I don't use my cell phone.



No comments: