Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing #11 Del.icio.us

Bookmarks and tagging. I like the idea of being able to access your favorites from any computer you are using. I can see using Del.icio.us as a reference link, when patrons can add and tag their favorite sites, and I can see library staff using it, but I can't really figure out how a library would use it as a service. I went to the libraries given as sample and it isn't apparent to me where DELICIOUS is being used.
I had it before my computer crashed, so I do have an account. I had to remember my user name :) And I tried to re-install the icon, but it hasn't shown up. I am going to keep working on it and then go to using Del.icio.us instead a favorites, just to get used to something new. Then I will explore other sites that are tagged.

Guess what I LOVE! Tag Clouds. They look like poetry.
Bluecat

No comments: