Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing #18 YouTube

I first discovered YouTube when Linda and I were looking for "Peeps" videos, and wacky library videos. Then I showed my grandaughter Apryl Miley Cyrus's new video. Then of course I added some music to my FaceBook page and it came from YouTube.

I went to You Tube and did a search for Blue Cats

and was rewarded with quite a few. So now I will see if the embedding worked this time.

Linda and I have talked about making a video. We could do a tour of the library, either serious or straight and then upload it to YouTube, then insert the code in the webpage, yeah, I bet that would work!

I think YouTube is fun and social. I don't care if people access it fromt he library or not, but they should be wearing headphone. As long as they are coming into the building and using the facilites, I really don't mind what they visit on the Internet, as long as they don't bother people around the. They are only allowed an hour a day anyway, so if they want to spend it watching YouTube sillies, playing a Piarate game, or loading up their research paper on the RPC, I say, LET THEM!

No comments: