Friday, March 28, 2008

Thing #17--ELM

Good heavens but things have come a long way since INFOTRACK was on CD-ROM. Because I am not up in the reference department I rarely go into ELM or even think about it. So, I went through every single one of the assignments and challenges and tried them all. I set up accounts everywhere and do hope to go back and use them. I love finding information, so this THING was great fun for me.
To be able to save your serces, edit them and make comments is wonderful and will be very useful in writing papers and researching. I plan to take advantage of this before writing my next column.
As for the library, I searched out POETRY SLAMS because we are going to have one, and sent the articles to other staff who are helping out. So, it saves them time too. This is a great library resource and is important to add credibility to LIBRARY (or as you said--ask a Librarina) instead of Ask Yahoo. Point the patrons towards a reliable answer from respected sources. What a "novel" idea.
Bluecat

No comments: